MUBS is seeking a full-time web developer with a keen
enthusiasm for web design and development technologies. A positive attitude and
aptitude for the challenges involved in design, as well as front- and back-end
development are preferred.
This position plays a key role developing and maintaining
websites, applications, and middleware solutions throughout the University. The
ideal candidate for this position possesses an avid interest in web design and technologies.
The candidate should be self-motivated and be able to translate the needs of
the organization into elegant web solutions. The right candidate will
contribute to a dynamic environment and work closely with other members of the
team and team leaders in the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an
accredited college or university, and at least 2 years’ professional experience
in the following OR a Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field (for
example, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer intensive
STEM degree, etc.), and at least 1 year of experience in the following:
- HTML5, CSS3, and
troubleshooting development issues across browsers and platforms.
- Writing native
- Using an
object-oriented programming language for back-end development.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer
information systems, or a closely-related technical field.
- Experience with the .NET framework with C# and Visual Studio
- Experience developing for content management systems (e.g. dotCMS, WordPress)
- Experience collaborating with a marketing team to support different practices
- Experience with Java for web development (Apache Tomcat, Servlets, Struts
- Experience building accessible websites that meet the most current version of
the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) published by the W3C.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Evidence of the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects
from start to finish
- Evidence of solid understanding of web best practices, including web
standards, usability, accessibility, and user experience principles
- User interfaces and interactive deliverables that perform well both on
mainstream devices and with assistive technology
- Product accessibility testing continuously through all development stages
- Troubleshooting, revising, and updating websites
candidates should Apply here