On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we take the pleasure in inviting you to the Science Rally 2018.
What is Science Rally Competition?
The Science Rally Competition is organized by the School of Health Sciences (SHS) at the Modern University for Business and Science (MUBS) in collaboration with researchers from the American University of Beirut (Lebanon), UC Berkeley (USA), St. Jude Hospital (USA), and Stanford University (USA). This competition targets Lebanese Baccalaureate students (Grades 11 & 12) at public and private schools and focuses on the “WH” questions in scientific phenomena from everyday life.
Purpose of the Competition
The competition aims to motivate students coming from various schools to understand, process, and explain the scientific phenomena that surround them.
Why Take Part in the Competition?
· To challenge your ambition and curiosity in science.
· To compete against other teams/schools in Lebanon.
· To win a trip abroad or other cash prizes.
How to Participate?
· Go to sciencerally.mubs.edu.lb.
· Fill the online application.
· Take the online selection test and submit it before February 14th, 2018.
· Once short-listed, students will have access to 60 % of the questions for preparation.
Process of the Competition
· Online selection test: Ten multiple choice questions (10 minutes) to select the top schools.
· One team/school, four students/team.
· Competition rounds: Top schools will be competing randomly across several rounds with the lowest scoring schools eliminated after each round.
What are the Awards?
· The winning team will win a trip abroad.
· 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded cash prizes.
Place and Date of the Competition
· February 23rd, 2018 in the Auditorium of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education
· Time: 3:00 pm
We extend our warmest welcome to all interested schools and look forward to a memorable event with an intellectually stimulating exchange of scientific information. We wish that you will have a great time.